Recertification in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties
If your property is over 40 years old, and then every 10 years, you are required to perform a 40 year recertification. This recertification helps to ensure that the general construction and electrical condition are still satisfactory.
40 Year Building Recertification reports will specify if the building in question is safe for use as zoned and specified. It will also determine if the building may remain occupied.
Star Group will provide one of our licensed engineers to perform the Recertification inspection. He will attest his findings and results of the inspection to the best of his knowledge, belief and professional judgment. These findings will all be based on the conditions that the inspector witnesses on the day of the inspection.
There are several reports which will be submitted. This includes:
- Structural Inspection
- Electrical Inspection
- Certification of the level of illumination in parking areas
- Certification of guardrails in parking lots which are next to a body of water
Property inspection is for the purpose of determining the general structural condition of the building or structure to the extent reasonably possible of any part, material or assembly of a building or structure which affects the safety of such building or structure and/or which supports any dead or designed live load, and the general condition of its electrical systems pursuant to the building code.
- Professional Engineers (any building).
- Registered Architects (limited scope).
Star Group is a company with mandatory State of Florida Certification of Authorization and Local Business License to offer and perform engineering and building inspection services.
- The inspection is performed following the minimum procedural property inspection guidelines for structural, electrical.
- The report will state if the building under consideration is safe for the specified use and continue occupancy.
- Destructive test will not be performed.
- Engineers will attest the results to the best of their knowledge, belief and professional judgment and base on the conditions observed.
- The Certification report is required to be submitted to the Local Government within 90 days or a violation notice might be issued without further notice and building can be reported as unsafe structures for initiation of condemnation process. You might be liable for a maximum fine of $10,510 and all enforcement costs. Local government Code enforcement unit might vacate and demolish the structure.