40 Year Building Re-Certification
Recertification in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties
If your property is over 40 years old, and then every 10 years, you are required to perform a 40 year recertification. This recertification helps to ensure that the general construction and electrical condition are still satisfactory.
40 Year Building Recertification reports will specify if the building in question is safe for use as zoned and specified. It will also determine if the building may remain occupied.
Star Group will provide one of our licensed engineers to perform the Recertification inspection. He will attest his findings and results of the inspection to the best of his knowledge, belief and professional judgment. These findings will all be based on the conditions that the inspector witnesses on the day of the inspection.
There are several reports which will be submitted. This includes:
- Structural Inspection
- Electrical Inspection
- Certification of the level of illumination in parking areas
- Certification of guardrails in parking lots which are next to a body of water
Property inspection is for the purpose of determining the general structural condition of the building or structure to the extent reasonably possible of any part, material or assembly of a building or structure which affects the safety of such building or structure and/or which supports any dead or designed live load, and the general condition of its electrical systems pursuant to the building code.
When is the 40 Year Building Recertification required?
Are all buildings subject to this regulation?
Where do we perform these inspections?
Who can sign off the report?
- Professional Engineers (any building).
- Registered Architects (limited scope).
Star Group is a company with mandatory State of Florida Certification of Authorization and Local Business License to offer and perform engineering and building inspection services.
What is the inspection process?
- The inspection is performed following the minimum procedural property inspection guidelines for structural, electrical.
- The report will state if the building under consideration is safe for the specified use and continue occupancy.
- Destructive test will not be performed.
- Engineers will attest the results to the best of their knowledge, belief and professional judgment and base on the conditions observed.
- The Certification report is required to be submitted to the Local Government within 90 days or a violation notice might be issued without further notice and building can be reported as unsafe structures for initiation of condemnation process. You might be liable for a maximum fine of $10,510 and all enforcement costs. Local government Code enforcement unit might vacate and demolish the structure.
Ready to Talk?
Call us or click below to get your FREE ESTIMATE!
Meet Star Group and The Owner
For more than 50+ years Star Group General Contractors have been serving South Florida communities from the Palm Beaches to Miami-Dade. We pride ourselves on developing a long term relationship with our customers, listening to their needs, and then suggesting the proper course of action. Our team is fully licensed, insured, and committed to providing a top of the line final product and 100% satisfaction. Through a combination of Preparation, Planning, Coordination, and Detailed Execution we strive to provide our clients with the highest quality of work. Call today to schedule an appointment for all your roofing, window, air conditioning, and contracting needs.
– Aaron Rafaelov, Owner, Star Group, Inc.
Why Choose Star Group inc. For Your Home Improvement Needs?
If you read our reviews, you’ll quickly see why we’re the trusted choice. We devote ourselves to ensuring the total satisfaction of our clients and have a sterling reputation for quality work.
Living and working in our community provides us a different level of appreciation for our clients and our work. When you choose Star Group, you know who you’re partnering with.
Ultimately, we know what really matters. Your total satisfaction. So we back up everything we do with that in mind. If you’re not completely satisfied with our work, let us know and we’ll make it right.
Our roofing, windows, A/C, and contracting experts have been delivering on-time and on-budget for over 50 years. You can trust in the quality and craftsmanship of our proven team.
South Florida’s Most Reliable Contractor Since 1967
(Free Roof Inspection: $600 Value)
(Hurricane Rated and Energy Efficient)
(Free Estimates on Replacements)
We Are not done until the job is done right.
These are the words we live & work by, everyday.
I am extremely happy with the work the Star group did on my home. My roof repair is excellent and windows were installed perfectly. Everyone was professional and answered all my questions . I would highly recommend this company to family and friends.
The best decision I’ve ever made for my home and family, these guys are super professional.. they were with me completely in each step of the way. I recommend star group to anybody who wants peace and quiet while they’re renovating their home.
Servicing Broward, Miami Dade & Palm Beach
Schedule A Free Estimate